The management of the Eko Atlantic has issued an official statement refuting the allegations of bias levied against it by Davido.
The Afro-pop star had earlier in the day poured out his annoyance at the Eko Atlantic; accusing it of refusing to grant him access to hold his December 27, concert at the city. The DMW boss further said that he said he was being denied the venue because of his support for the opposing political party, the People Democratic Party (PDP) during the Osun state election.
However, in an attempt to quell the misinformation, the Eko Atlantic has refuted Davido’s allegations in an official release.
The statement read:
It has been brought to our attention that we have allegedly denied the musician Davido’s request to use Eko Atlantic City for his upcoming concert.
We received this request on November 8 to which we responded for clarification and details about the event on November 9. We are yet to receive the requested information so, the notion that we declined his request is false and to imply we are politically motivated is false.
Some of the additional information requested was pertaining to security provisions and Eko Atlantic City is not an event center and rather a city with existing residents and businesses. In light of this, we have strict rules and regulations when it comes to events and activities within the city, which require due process.
Eko Atlantic City takes the safety and security of the visitors to the city very seriously. We expect the same safety and security measures from event organizers who hold events in Eko Atlantic City. Any event within the city requires a proper level of planning, safety, and security from event organizers.
As a final note, Davido and some upcoming artists shot a video in Eko Atlantic earlier this year, which we welcomed, as we believe in the development of our entertainment industry in Nigeria as seen on our social media pages.